Breakthrough Learning Workshops
A Brief Presentation is best for adults. It would give the main ideas behind
Breakthrough Learning but it would not have time to include the strategies. presentation time 1-2 hours
Workshops on Breakthrough Learning can be arranged for
- Middle School Students
- High School Students
- College Students
If teachers and students attend together, the workshop will be the one for students of that age group.
What is included in the Breakthrough Learning Workshops?
1. A short time for Meet and Greet 15 min
2. An Introduction to the 10 Habits of Successful Students 45 min-2 hours
3. Strengthening Learning Skills focusing on reading strategy for age level 45 min – 2 hours
4. What is Study? 30 minutes to 1 hour
5. Verbal and Visual Organization including varie 12 strategies 1 – 3 hours
6. 10 Ways of Thinking 30 min – 2 hours
7. 10 Ways of Memory 45 min – 2 hours
8. Wrap it Up 30 -45 minutes
TOTAL TIME 5 hours – 13 hours
Obviously, the longer workshops (and perhaps the shorter workshops) would be spread out over several days. I can also adjust the times to fit the time you have available. I could do a 3 or 4 hour workshop, for example, but it would cut down the number of strategies we could cover.
An ideal activity for High School Students are planning to attend College.
What would it cost?
1. You would be responsible for getting the space and setting it up for the number of participants.
You should also arrange for meals and snacks for break time…. of course there will be short breaks.
2. If I need to travel, you would be responsible for all travel expenses including housing and meals as needed.
3. The usual fee is $300 for each travel day and $1000 for each teaching day plus $10 for each workshop participant or $3 for each person at a presentation for handouts and other materials.
Note that I can do a short workshop in the morning with one age group, another short workshop in the afternoon and a brief presentation in the evening.
For groups that cannot afford the fee, please contact me and we will definitely set up something workable. For most charitable groups I will happily do the workshops free except for travel expenses and printing materials for each participant.
Note that I am usually in Stuart Florida from mid October to mid or late April. I am usually in North Carolina from mid or late April to mid October. Obviously travel will be easier when I am in your area.
Contact me at email@example.com